Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day Three

Good Day Friends!  Today was a great success! 

I think I found the dead zone where the previous farmer used to dump his broken items.  I actually had to turn down the sensitivity on the ol'Ace because it was buzzing like crazy! 

In today's journey we will explore the term "Treasure".  One can define treasure in many ways:

"My goodness aren't you a little treasure?"

"Arrrr maties!  Let's go find some buried treasure!"

"I treasure these times we have together."

Then there is MY kind of treasure.  FARM TREASURE.  Assorted reminants of crap that nobody thinks is worth anything.  Disks, shovels, nails, pails of rusty pieces of unrecognizable metal etc. 

When I was a little girl.......... (fade in)..............Picture a little red headed freckled angel with a small streak of  curiosity and a tad mischievious....



Mom would get rid of Terri and I by sending us to the farm in Spalding Canada to "help out".  Since we only had two channels on TV out there, you had to find other ways to amuse yourself.  Terri my older sister and I would play Battleship or Feed the Piggy, she would cheat, I'd get mad and hit her.  This was only fun for a little while and with a short attention span, I'd get tired and bored very quickly.   After lunch, we'd finish the dishes and then I'd go outside and take the opportunity to scour the family farm for odds and ends while grandma watched "her play" on TV.

I'd go into the back trees where grandpa dumped all the things that I thought one day may be useful.  Tobacco tins, cans, bottles, milk containers, glass jars, assorted farm equiptment that had rusted, broken or not needed any longer.  Thinking that grandpa would appreciate my hard work, I'd bring all these little items back to the house and proudly show grandpa and grandma what I had found!  For some reason Grandpa didn't look as happy as I thought he would be!  I was often told to "Put that crap back where you found it."  This of course to an 8 year old to put it all in the old chicken coop where I was sure grandpa would be remember what a good girl I was finding these items for him!  I knew he would be grateful for putting back the farm treasures that I had returned back into regular farm circulation.

As history repeats itself, today I have returned these items back into Robblowski Ranch circulation:


Another nail......yeah..................




Ooooo......here's the find of the day,
it's disk off .....you guessed it.....
a disker.

Who doesn't need a pegboard
hanger thingy?!



An old putty knife?!  Strange but
will find a permanent home in Kelly's
shop with the rest of his antiques.

And finally, the first of my finds that
may actually be worth some money!
House wire!  There's got to be at least
$2 worth of copper here!  Yippee!


There you have it folks!  These are the finds of the day and that's the end of the long weekend!  Boo!  I may go back out during the week but like everyone else, I have another hobby to tend to.  This one provides me with the real money!  - most people call it work!

No comments:

Post a Comment